Registration of companies that sell food online
In the last decade, the commercialization of food via the Internet has been steadily increasing in order to bring its products closer to a larger market share.
Companies that decide to go online for sale, like any other company related to the food sector, must comply with national and community regulations related to food safety. As indicated in Article 17 of Regulation (EC) 178/2002, food business operators must ensure at all stages of production, processing and distribution that food meets the requirements of food legislation.
Companies that sell food supplements, food for special medical uses, infant formulas, substitutes for weight control, kitchen utensils, containers that transport food and glasses, among others, must be registered in the Sanitary Registry.
According to article 2 of Royal Decree 191/2011, depending on whether or not the company has food facilities, it will be registered in one way or another.
- IF YOU HAVE FOOD FACILITIES
Whether these are facilities related to production and / or transformation and / or processing and / or packaging and / or storage and / or other specific ones developed within an establishment:
- They will be subject to registration (with or without prior sanitary authorization) in the General Sanitary Registry of Food and Food Companies (RGSEAA) or in the Register of the competent authorities of the Autonomous Communities, as appropriate.
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE FOOD FACILITIES
If your activity consists exclusively in the distribution and/or import (from countries outside the European Union) of food products, with delivery (by hand, postal mail, by courier, etc.) to a company or the final consumer. The companies that provide these services on the internet:
- They will be registered in the RGSEAA as distributors or importers under the keys and activities that correspond to the products marketed and the established registration criteria.
- In the inscription the address of the activities in Spain will be identified as the registered address of the company.
If you need help in registering or processing any action before the General Sanitary Registry of food and food companies, do not hesitate to consult without any commitment. We will be happy to help you!