Aesan informs operators about the proper online sale of food
Before we begin to explain the requirements that we must meet as food operators that commercialize through the internet, we find it interesting to remember that, the legislation that must be met for this is the existing one in the European Union in the same way as if they were acquired in a conventional store; For this reason, AESAN has published an information leaflet with the purpose of helping operators in the proper online sale of food.
Therefore, like any food operator, you must meet certain requirements, such as being registered in the General Sanitary Registry of Food and Food Companies (RGSEAA), and meeting minimum food safety conditions, to ensure that the product we are selling is reliable and not
It poses a risk to the consumer. Likewise, in the case of certain foods, such as food supplements, the first placing on the market must be notified.
In online food sales operators have the obligation to:
- They will not market food that is not safe
- Ensure traceability at all stages
- Ensure that the food they sell meets the requirements of the relevant food legislation
- They will proceed to the withdrawal of products that do not meet the safety requirements and will cooperate in the measures accepted by the manufacturers or the competent authorities
- When they consider that one of the foods they have sold may be harmful to people’s health, they should immediately inform the competent authorities
Traceability records in online food sales must also include:
- Provider Name and Address
- Name and address of the company to which you have supplied the food
- Transaction Date
- Product name
- Product quantity
- Identifier: as ‘expiration date/preferred consumption, lot number, etc.
- Authorization number, when relevant
- Name or company name; residence or domicile or, failing that, the address of one of its permanent establishments in Spain; email address and any other data that allows direct and effective communication (contact form, telephone or fax)
- Registration information (obligation not applicable to individuals)
- If your activity were subject to prior administrative authorization: authorization data and identification of the competent body responsible for its supervision
- If a regulated profession is exercised: data provided in section d) of article 10 of Law 34/2002
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Clear and accurate information on the price of the product or service, indicating whether or not it includes taxes and shipping costs
- Codes of conduct to which it is attached and how to consult them electronically
In Legalego Food Safety Consulting we are specialized in the legal and technical compliance of the operators that import, manufacture, market or sell food, especially food supplements.