Brexit & Teleicare, What consequences for British companies?
Notifications of food supplements in France are made through the Teleicare platform.
From January 1, 2021, since Great Britain is no longer part of the EU :
– No new notification will be accepted, if the operator responsible for the labelling is settled in Great Britain. According to regulation (EU) 1169/2011, an importer into the Union market has to be mentioned.
– No new account will be created, if the company is settled in Great Britain. Such a company must go through a representative established in the European Union.
What procedure shall companies follow?
1) The British company ( A) finds a representative ( B) in the EU.
2) ( B) creates an account in Teleicare.
3) ( A) transfers its products (declared before 2021) to ( B) in Teleicare. From january 1, 2021, all new products of ( A) shall be declared using the Teleicare account of ( B) and all these products shall bear the name and address of ( B) on their labelling.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a deadline to find a representative in the EU and transfer the products to this company in Teleicare ?
Yes. In order to allow these paperwork and procedures, the Teleicare accounts of British companies will remain accessible until June 30, 2021.
- Do the notified food supplements need to be notified again in order to refresh the labellings with the new responsible
Yes. However, to avoid excessive administrative obligations on a reduced period, these « renotifications » can be made throughout 2021 and 2022. The procedure is the same as declaring a change in a product
- What about food supplements already on the EU market on January 1, 2021 bearing the name or business name and address of an operator settled in Great Britain ?
These products can remain on the EU market until the end of their Minimum Durability Date.