Brexit & Teleicare, What consequences for British companies?
From January 1, 2021, since Great Britain is no longer part of the EU (Brexit) :
– No new notification will be accepted, if the operator responsible for the labelling is settled in Great Britain. According to regulation (EU) 1169/2011, an importer into the Union market has to be mentioned.
– No new account will be created, if the company is settled in Great Britain. Such a company must go through a representative established in the European Union.
Notifications of food supplements in France are made through the Teleicare platform.
What procedure shall companies follow?
1) The British company ( A) finds a representative ( B) in the EU.
2) ( B) creates an account in Teleicare.
3) ( A) transfers its products (declared before 2021) to ( B) in Teleicare. From january 1, 2021, all new products of ( A) shall be declared using the Teleicare account of ( B) and all these products shall bear the name and address of ( B) on their labelling.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a deadline to find a representative in the EU and transfer the products to this company in Teleicare ?
Yes. In order to allow these paperwork and procedures, the Teleicare accounts of British companies will remain accessible until June 30, 2021.
- Do the notified food supplements need to be notified again in order to refresh the labellings with the new responsible
Yes. However, to avoid excessive administrative obligations on a reduced period, these « renotifications » can be made throughout 2021 and 2022. The procedure is the same as declaring a change in a product
- What about food supplements already on the EU market on January 1, 2021 bearing the name or business name and address of an operator settled in Great Britain ?
These products can remain on the EU market until the end of their Minimum Durability Date.