Sports food supplements
Sports food supplements are increasingly consumed as food supplements.
The existence of competitiveness in the sports world drives athletes to try to improve their performance through the intake of these products.
Sports nutritional supplements are external compounds that add all kinds of nutrients to the body and contribute to the development of muscle strength and power that are necessary for physical activity at the highest level. That is to say, they increase the physical performance of the athlete helping him to reach the maximum performance as an athlete. It is necessary that they be taken with the supervision of a nutritionist since it is important to know what are the risks of consuming this product and what would be our most appropriate dose. The advantages of eating nutritional supplements for athletes are:
- Greater assimilation, since the digestive processes and metabolism of food are faster in the case of food supplements.
- They are a quick solution to complete our feeding schedule.
- Get nutrients quickly.
It is important that the athlete is clear about the objective he wants according to his sports discipline and lifestyle, in this way he will choose the supplement that best suits his needs. Today there are functional foods and nutritional supplements of excellent quality on the market that are able to meet certain needs or make it easier for us to obtain the nutrients we need. But for this, it is necessary that the sports supplement meets all legal requirements. In general, sports food supplements fall into the category of food supplement, where:
- It is necessary that the product formulation does not contain any prohibited or cataloged substance as a new food.
- The label must comply with the food supplement legislation.
- The product must be notified to the health authorities prior to its commercialization when it is first placed on the Spanish market.
At LegaleGo Sport Nutrition, we legally, technically and strategically advise companies dedicated to the production, processing, packaging, storage, distribution, importation and commercialization of sports food supplements for their market placement before they reach the final consumer.